At its core, hard seltzer contains only three simple ingredients – sparkling water, fermented alcohol, and light fruit flavoring.
Global Hard Seltzer Beverage Category
The megatrend, which originated in the United States, exploded onto the market in 2018 and is now quickly expanding to Europe, Australia, China and Latin America, with global sales estimated to reach USD 4.5 Billion in 2020 and USD 14.5 Billion by 2027 (Grand View Research)
Hard Seltzers Brands Switzerland
In Switzerland, the hard seltzer category is also expected to boom, with the country’s CHF 4B annual beer market most directly impacted (Statista Consumer Market Data).
Recognizing the opportunity, a number of hard seltzer brands were launched in Switzerland throughout the summer of 2020. The companies behind these products include:
- Independent start-ups (Sundays Hard Seltzer, nylo hard seltzer, Against the Grain hard seltzer, John’s hard seltzer, Sparklys hard seltzer)
- Established Swiss beer manufacturers (Dr. Gabs hard seltzer, Limmatwasser hard seltzer, Yeaah hard seltzer)
- Well known whitelable beverage producers (Luke’s hard seltzer)
- The world’s largest global spirit brands (Smirnoff hard seltzer)
- Coca Cola (Topo Chico hard seltzer)
Sundays Hard Seltzer is produced by Sundays Beverage AG, a Zürich based independent start-up established by Swiss and American friends with the mission of changing the way Switzerland drinks.
Sundays Hard Seltzer, the first premium hard seltzer to launch in Switzerland, is the only hard seltzer brand available that has:
- Five unique and premium flavor profiles
- Zero grams of sugar and corresponding low calorie content
- Natural fruit extracts
- A fermented (not distilled) alcohol base
Sundays Hard Seltzer is proudly crafted and produced in Switzerland, never imported like many of its competitors.
Where can I buy hard seltzer in Switzerland?
As a new beverage category, hard seltzer is still establishing itself in the retail (Coop, Migros, Globus, Aldi, Denner) and gastronomy segments. However, as the category continues its rapid growth, expect to find a variety of hard seltzers available at all major retailers as well as in bars, clubs and restaurants across Switzerland. .
Sundays Hard Seltzer is available at select bars and restaurants throughout Zürich, Bern, Lausanne and Geneva and offers home delivery throughout Switzerland.